SINALTRAINAL the Colombian National Food Industry Workerís Union has been the victim of a systematic campaign of destruction, which has seen the assassination of 14 union leaders (7 from Coca-Cola).
Crimes committed by Coca-Cola and the Colombian state against workers, SINALTRAINAL, and the environment, have remained in total impunity. The Colombian judiciary has neither investigated nor punished those responsible for these crimes, allowing these repressive policies to quash dreams of building a more just society.
As we no longer believe in the impartiality nor the objectivity of the Colombian justice system, we are calling upon international public opinion so that these crimes be judged and sentences pronounced. We have decided to convene an International Public Hearing, which will be divided into 3 sessions:
- The 1st session will be held on July 22, 2002 in Atlanta, USA.
- The 2nd session will be held on October 12, 2002 in Brussels, Belgium.
- The 3rd session will be held on December 5, 2002 in Bogota, Colombia.
There are many different ways you can support the Hearing:
- Become an official endorser (either individually or your organization)
- Letting other individuals or organizations know about it
- Making a financial contribution to the Hearing.
- Participating in the sessions of the Hearing, and working to carry out its conclusions.
Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores de la Industria de Alimentos SINALTRAINAL
Carrera 15 No. 35-18. Telephone: 2 45 53 25 and 2 32 46 26. Bogota, Colombia
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com